October 6, 2020
Photo by Visual Concepts/2K Sports
Visual Concepts has been developing NBA video games since 1998 finding colossal success with the NBA 2K franchise. NBA 2K21 is the latest entry into the franchise, which features a new version of the game right before the start of each basketball season. The upcoming release of new consoles from PlayStation and Xbox makes this year's version unique. 2K released a trailer earlier this morning showcasing some Next-Gen gameplay and graphics. These are the ten things that stood out from the reveal trailer.
1. Zion Williamson windmill.
2. Damian Lillard yelling.
3. Dallas Mavericks mascot on the floor.
4. Mark Cuban fist-pumping Luka Doncic.
5. Kristaps Porzingis doing inner thigh stretches during pre-game warmups.
6. 1986-1987 division championship, Derek Harper, Brad Davis, and Rolando Blackman banners.
7. Klay Thompson wink.
8. Luka Doncic's stepback jumper.
9. Steve Kerr uses his hands to emphasize what the team needs to execute on the final play.
10. Stephen Curry nails the buzzer-beating three-point shot.
Honorable Mention: Crowd engagement is high through various phases of the game.
Zion Williamson is the cover athlete for the Next-Gen edition of this year's 2K becoming the third player from the New Orleans organization to receive this rare distinction. The Mamba Forever Edition is the only edition of the game which gives a free Next-Gen upgrade. However, the upgrade only offers the standard edition of the game. NBA 2K21 for Next-Gen releases on November 10th for Xbox Series S, and X while selective countries that have the PlayStation 5 releasing on November 12th will get the game one week before the console's worldwide release date on November 19th.